Monday, March 22, 2004

What you do on a Monday when you drink more wine than you should

M had an idea. He decided we should play tunes we loved before we were 17. They had to be off albums not singles and they had to be things we hadn't listened to for at least several years...

1. He chose Cerdes (outside the gates of) by Procol Harum.
2. I chose Wham rap! (Enjoy what you do?) by Wham!
3. He chose My pink half of the drainpipe by the Bonzo Dog Band
4. I chose The passion by Billy Bragg
5. He chose Happiness is a warm gun by the Beatles
6. I chose Love is a stranger by the Eurythmics
7. He chose Set the controls for the heart of the sun by Pink Floyd
8. I chose Get up off our knees by The Housemartins
9. He chose Hullo der by Soft Machine
10. I chose Alive and Kicking by Simple Minds
11. He chose Magic bus (live version) by the Who (M: "This is about sex, isn't it? I thought it was about driving a bus.")
12. I chose I'm on Fire by Bruce Springsteen (A song I never listen to but which runs through my head surprisingly often)
13. He chose Around the Plinth by the Faces
14. I chose Marlene on the wall by Suzanne Vega
15. He chose I've seen all good people by Yes
16. I chose Come live with me by Heaven 17 (and then we went to bed)

We are so different.

joella

No comments: