Wednesday, March 24, 2004

What I'm doing on my holidays

I'm a lucky girl this year. This weekend I'm off to Center Parcs with various members of my dysfunctional step- and extended family and friends. It will be weird, but I've booked in for a Volcanic Mud Detox Wrap and some pony trekking, so it should be enjoyable weird.

At the beginning of May I'm going to South Africa -- this is for work, but I'm still very excited as I've never been to Africa before unless you count Egypt, which I don't.

*Then* in June I'm going to Madeira for a week with my parentals and sistosa. Again, likely to be weird, but we had a lovely time last year. And they say the Botanical Gardens there are, like, amazing.

Then it's summer. I am not a big fan of summer days, but I do like summer nights, and I plan to have the garden sorted for outdoor eating this year with fairy lights and jasmine and Ganesha watching over us.

Miles might go off to India in September to volunteer at Gram Vikas. If he does, I will go on holiday there in December, but if not I want an autumn holiday somewhere warm... Syria maybe. I could do with getting myself on the road to Damascus, it might help me decide if I want to be a plumber.

Our introductory course finished today: bit of drain jetting (which distressed the yoga class no end), bit of earth wiring, bit of looking forward to the advanced course, can't wait.

Sometimes you just gotta look forward, and there's lots to look forward to.

joella

No comments: