Saturday, March 13, 2004

Oh to be in England in the springtime

This is very unfashionable, but I'm not a big fan of summer. And like most people, I struggle a bit with winter. However, I love spring and I love autumn. Autumn used to be my favourite season, but since I started gardening -- not that I've done any for months -- spring has to win. Doom, gloom and barren squelch turns into green prickling life and improbably coloured blossom.

Oxford seems to do spring extremely well, and we took a stroll into town to appreciate it properly. We got hailed on a bit, but it was still a life affirming experience.

Oxford in the springtime (low res)

Clockwise from top left
1. Bulbs in the grounds of Magdalen College
2. Ornamental quince in our front garden
3. White blossomed tree on Divinity Road
4. University Church of St Mary the Virgin

joella

No comments: