Monday, February 23, 2004

Something I am loving, something I am hating.

Thing I am hating: PRINTERS.

They never work. Then you spend five days trying stuff and eventually they work for a bit, but then they stop again.

M bought me some paper to print digital photos on. Our printer isn't very good, but I thought it was worth a go. The instructions that came with the special paper were insanely daunting. But I am an adult, I use computers a lot, I have good photo software.

I set the size of the image. I set the size of the image canvas. I couldn't find a way to set the size of the paper in the printer but there is a way to do it and luckily M knew what it was. So an hour later all instructions had been followed to the letter. Did it work? Did it arse.

It hummed, it hawed, it pretended it was out of paper, then after some shoving and swearing and opening and closing of its lid it finally sucked it in, spat it out again, in, out, in, out and *then* deigned to make its little buzz buzz printing noise. Then it spat out an approximation of about a quarter of the photo at about half the size it should have been.

Absolute bastard hardware bastard bastard. *kick*

So it's time to call it a night and take to bed with the thing I am loving, which is the Regeneration Trilogy by Pat Barker. I'm on the middle one at the moment. They are amazing books, though they aren't much comfort when long dark teatimes of the soul come along.

joella

No comments: