Monday, February 16, 2004

Everybody's making art or else expecting rain

As I have mentioned before (glad I checked, as I would have told the Robert Jones story again and wouldn't that have been sad), I hate Valentine's Day.

This year I decided to do something positive, and I went to visit the Weather Project at Tate Modern with my lovely London-dwelling friend S. And what a fabulous idea it was, I'd never been before. That big sun is awesome. You can see us in the middle of this photo (S is out like a starfish, and I am scrunched up next to her taking the photo):

Lying on the floor of the Turbine Gallery, Tate Modern, 14 February 2004

The big sun is glowing to the right. And if you look below us to the left you can see a couple making the shape of a heart. Now that's a good Valentine.

joella

No comments: