Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Ganesh, protector of the home, sets the sceneBelated party debrief

Now I am in a better mood, I can report on Saturday's Civilised Drinks. The lighting was by fireglow lightbulbs (right) -- perhaps the tackiest element of the evening -- but as Party Girl, I stand by my Blackpool roots.

The wine (Rioja for red people and Viognier for white) was by Majestic, (better at wine than websites, double click fast to get back) as were the glasses. Ganesh was by himself, though incense was lit in his honour all night.

Party joella (right) and S, who have been standing round getting drunk together for nearly 20 yearsThe fairy lights (right) were by my uncle J, who works for a Christmas light company, praise be. The Twiglets were by Jacobs, and the rest of the snacks were by Miles.

The music was by Windows Media Player (better at organising playlists than organising the files behind them) and massive speakers were by Eltax (better at massive speakers than websites: from theirs you might guess -- if you were terminally stupid -- that most of their customers are attractive young women. Like, sure.).

The photos were by Canon Ixus 400.

The guests were beyond compare -- though S (plumbing S, not housemate S) was sadly missed, as a tree blew down and blocked her driveway. Talk was intelligent and lively, personal space was respected, nobody was sick in the toilet.

L and M groovingI didn't quite get to throw everyone out at 1, as I had planned (working on the theory that nothing of value happens after 1am unless you are trying to pull), as that's when people started demanding to dance (left), but as predicted I can't remember what happened much after midnight. But I don't mind, because I was chilled out yet full of warmth all evening.

I cleaned the floor before the party *and* after, and other than that cleaning up was minimal. I am really nearly a grown up, surely. Next year I will expand this concept.

joella

No comments: