Sunday, January 25, 2004

Upcoming Aquarius Birthday Extravaganza

Seeing as it's my birthday this week, I have done what I always wish my friends would do when it's their birthdays, which is a) announced the fact loud and clear, and b) updated my Amazon WishList. (No prizes for guessing where *I* went on holiday).

If you want your birthday remembered, you have to make it easy for people, I always say. Mine is like a Hindu festival, celebrations are carefully planned and go on for days.

My birthday is a big deal. But if I forget your birthday, it doesn't mean I don't care about you, it just means I don't have a diary (unless I've known you since you were 15, you're part of my immediate family, you're my dead dog or you live with me, I really won't have this information in my head).

Tell me it's coming up and I'll get you something I like. Tell me what you want and I'll get you something you like. Let's be adult about it in 2004.

joella

No comments: