Monday, January 19, 2004

Boo Hoo

There's something wrong with our boiler. When we got back from our hols it was running on nearly no water pressure -- we took one of the radiators off to paper behind it before we left, and S turned off and possibly took off another one and didn't turn it back on again, and basically the whole system was full of air, the top floor ones weren't even getting warm and it's a miracle there was enough oomph in it to heat the water.

So I rang the boiler man in a panic and he told me how to top it up and then to bleed all the cold radiators and turn the off ones back on and it might all be ok. We also found a bit of a leak from the one we'd taken off and tightened that up.

But I don't think it is ok. It works all right when the heating's on, but overnight it loses pressure again and needs more water...

And with my extensive plumbing knowledge I don't know how to fix it. Arse.

joella

No comments: