Friday, October 17, 2003

Party dilemmas

There's a party on tomorrow night. The host and hostess are imaginative and well-organised, and all the signs are there that it should be a night to remember (or remember the early part of, at any rate).

But I don't think I'm going. It's been a shit couple of months chez nous, what with most of downstairs out of action, the rest of it covered in dust, and every conversation involving a decision. It's not that we haven't reached consensus in the end, it's just that we seem to have approached every situation from almost diametrically opposed positions (and when there's three of you, that's fairly weird). It's been grim.

We need some time out of the house, but I don't think a party is it.

I am thinking something involving trees (maybe), it being autumn, and then some good food somewhere.

Also I have a large premenstrual spot on my chin. Don't want to meet anyone glamorous looking like this.

But not going to a party... that feels weird.

joella

No comments: