Monday, October 27, 2003

Another autumn moment

Left work a bit early today, as I had the car and it was parked in pay and display. So managed to leave while it was still light on the first working day of darkness: a Good Thing.

On the way to the car, I saw a small boy, maybe five or six years old, kicking his way joyously through a huge pile of sycamore leaves that had banked up against a wall.

I used to have a real thing about big piles of leaves when I was a kid. When I was barely not a kid I had sex with one of my first boyfriends in a big pile of leaves under a lamp post. Although disastrous as a sexual experience, it was great fun and we ran home afterwards shrieking with laughter with our pants full of leaves.

So I was watching the small boy laughing and kicking, and remembering the dodgy moments, when a condom wrapper suddenly appeared among the leaves.

Guess I wasn't the last teenager to have that idea, then.

joella

No comments: