Monday, April 21, 2003

pLeAsE dOn'T MaKe Me gO BaCk To wORk

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job. First, I have a work ethic, and second, I can see the point of what I do. It's still working for the man to an extent, but it's a much nicer man than most. He is a force for good in the world, or at least he tries.

But I feel like I've been working forever. I want a big fat juicy break. I had four weeks in Guatemala last year and that was wonderful, but I was superstressed before I went and superstressed as soon as I got back, and that's the price you pay for being away for four weeks. This needs to change.

I've had four days off and I feel good. I am getting stuff done at a good pace, and if I just had a few weeks like this, just mooching, I am sure my world would be so much more manageable.

Or would it? Perhaps I tend to chaos rather than tending to order. Perhaps I use the fact that I work full time as a reason, when in fact it is an excuse. Perhaps I better get my ass back to work pronto just so I can do something useful.

joella

No comments: