Sunday, November 20, 2005

Raglan Road

I was inspired to do this by A Free Man in Preston. I don't know him, he doesn't know me. All we have in common is Preston itself. But I read his blog from time to time, and am introduced to / reminded of good tunes at the same time. Bargain.

I fell in love with this song when Billy Bragg released it on vinyl in 1990. To my knowledge his version has never been released on CD, so I still only have it on vinyl, and it's one of the few songs I downloaded from Napster before it went all Corporate. I would have paid 79p for it, I really would. It's better than Van the Man's version (I have never actually heard the original. I am not entirely sure whose the original *is*).

But no matter. This version is a beautiful thing. Enjoy it while it lasts, during these autumn days.

joella

Powered by Castpost

1 comment:

Tim said...

Aww, cheers. Very kind.

There's a pretty good version of Raglan Road by Sinead O'Connor, if I remember rightly.