Tuesday, November 01, 2005

November ain't all bad



Originally uploaded by joellaflickr.

Autumn is my favourite season. I have usually stopped saying this by November, when all is dark and cold and wet, but this morning was stunningly blue and splendidly crisp, and trees just don't look much better than this. My sumac tree is a pain in the arse most of the year, but its three glorious autumn weeks make up for it all.

I do feel for all SAD sufferers, because I know this time of year can be no fun at all. But I would not be without seasons myself, and on autumn I'm right with Barbara Ellen.

joella

1 comment:

Jo said...

1. It is a little but rapidly growing tree, prized for its autumn foliage and loathed for its habit of sending up suckers everywhere (though this means you never have to buy one, just hack off a bit of someone else's that they were going to throw away anyway).
2. No.
3. Some do but mine doesn't. Maybe it's not big enough yet.
4. It has furry branches which are quite sticky. You can have a go next time you come.

This is a salad-related discussion, right?

jo x