Saturday, November 26, 2005

Men! Don't expect any help on a Thursday!


Threading steel pipe in plumbing class
Originally uploaded by joellaflickr.

At least not from me or plumbing S, for we are well busy subverting expectations.

This week we were threading the steel pipe it took us so long to hacksaw last week. After two and a half hours, when we were the only ones who hadn't finished, some of the boys came over and asked if we wanted a hand.

Ten years ago, I would have said no. But then ten years ago I wouldn't have been learning to plumb. And I have also learnt how to accept help gracefully if you need it and it's offered for the right reasons. It took me a while to reach that position, but I'm very happy I have.

joella

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...and you've got a full-action picture to go with it!!

I'm storing up my plumbing emergencies just for your graduation :-)