Sunday, November 20, 2005

Let our bodies be twisted but never our minds

I spent most of last week frantically writing handover notes and doing other handover things, and am now at the end of the briefest of 'between jobs' interludes. Tomorrow I will have a new desk and a new job. Though I might end up sitting at my old desk as my new desk doesn't have a PC. It's all a bit strange.

In response to this (and as if I need an excuse), I have been having a very lazy weekend. Yesterday I read nearly all of the Guardian and then went out for a curry. Today I have read nearly all of the Observer and been to the laundrette. I read about the vocalists who have inspired Anthony (of the Johnsons). One of them is Alison Moyet. I immediately leapt up (well, 'leapt' might be pushing it) and put some on. He is right. What a voice she has. Why don't I listen to it more often?

I had Alf back to back on a C90 tape with Sade's Diamond Life. Hearing it again reminded me of summer holiday days painting N's bedroom when we were both about 16. We did every wall in a different pastel colour, which we mixed from cheap white paint and coloured poster paint, and she sang along and I wished I could.

It's good to have time to remember things.

joella

No comments: