Sunday, April 18, 2004

April showers

It absolutely pissed it down today... the day when a) 35,000 people ran 26 miles each for 35,000 reasons, and b) the day I had set aside for gardening, as I have done fuck all out there since autumn.

Let's focus on me, those 35,000 others can write their own weblogs if they like.

1. It was not only raining, I had a sore throat.
2. There were sweet peas and tomato plants and fuchsias and impatiens (groovy pink and white ones, I normally hate them, but I made an exception this year) sitting patiently in tiny pots just ready to be transplanted into bigger ones, after my annual outing to Milletts Farm with A&D.
3. Pots are particularly important this year as the rest of the garden is going to be 'restructured' (sounds a bit too much like work for comfort, but this kind will be worth the money and nobody will lose their job).

There was nothing else for it, I had to get out there. M valiantly came too, and planted up our old kitchen sink with mint and parsley and coriander. In fact he was the wetter, as I did some of my potting in the shed, but after an hour we were soaked to the skin and freezing cold with it. I am only just getting the feeling back in my hands.

It better be bloody worth it, that's all I can say.

joella

No comments: