Tuesday, July 01, 2003

Year of Living Healthily Update

Year of Living Healthily Update

So we are six months through the year, how are we doing?

  • Cigarettes smoked: none
  • Recreational pharmaceuticals: none
  • Alcohol drunk Jan 1-April 19: none
  • Alcohol drunk April 20-June 30: some
  • Hangovers: four (day after Ali's last night, day after Duane's party, day after Richard & Mopsa's party, Glastonbury Monday)
  • Really bad shocking awful want to die have to apologise to people hangovers: none
  • Hangovers on a schoolnight: none
  • Colonic irrigations: four
  • Amount of wheat, dairy and caffeine in current diet: hardly any
  • Spots: none
  • Yoga classes per week (average): one
  • Swimming sessions per week (average): half
  • Riding bike to work days per week (average): hardly any

    And how do I feel? I have better periods, definitely. I have better skin. It is easier to get up in the morning, while still not exactly being easy. It is easier to go to bed. It is easier to go to sleep.

    I have less non-specific anxiety. I have less non-specific aggression. I get more done and spend less time angry with myself for not getting things done.

    I read more books. I spend more time thinking about stuff. I do better work.

    When I do drink I decide in advance how much I am going to drink and don't try and make this decision after several pints. I have also realised why people drink halves, and have started doing that.

    I have better guts. I don't ache. I poo nearly every day.

    I ring my parents more often. I eat breakfast. I have salad for lunch. I laugh in the face of pizza.

    I think some of these things will still happen even when I am not Living Healthily. Even though I am not totally sober, I am very proud of myself. And if I had kept up the totally sober part I would have missed out on some very good times.

    But I still don't do enough exercise. I still hate cycling to work and I still pay an exorbitant amount for a gym membership that I barely use.

    In short, I am still a lazy arse. In a world of Type As who tend towards action, I am a Type B who tends towards bed.

    What's new is that I will remember to put on my moisturiser when I get there.

    joella




  • No comments: