Friday, May 12, 2006

Ocado is now delivering in my area!

I have just had an email from Ocado to let me know that I can now "order fresh Waitrose groceries to be delivered in a convenient one-hour slot, straight to my kitchen by Ocado."

To reward me for my patience and as a little 'Welcome to Ocado' gift they'd like to give me 15% off my first shop with them. All I have to do is spend over £90 (which means the delivery charge is free too!), then at the end of my order enter the special code and 15% will be automatically deducted from my bill.

(Spend over HOW MUCH? But then I've never come out of Waitrose with change from £100 so maybe it's not that outrageous)

Anyway, I thought I would share the good news with any OX4 readers. We are officially civilised! I am going to wipe them out of French Onion and Cider Soup and blue cheese made from buffalo milk right this very minute.

joella

4 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Don't you dare buy their french onion soup when you can make your own with all those onions and a spash of strongbow!

I think you should buy this and run it off biodiesel. Its what I'm going to do when my audi's MOT runs out. You could be the first biodieseler in OX4.

1:37 pm  
Blogger Phil said...

Obviously you'd have to ditch the seat covers or keep them for comedy value

1:49 pm  
Blogger tatton said...

also, what about your local community shops? I noticed how well Tesco in Oxford was doing. No doubt the Ocado is located at some industrial estate in Slough. However, being the hypocrite I am I do think if we do have to use the 'supermarkets' then they are the best.

4:54 pm  
Blogger Jo said...

Well... Waitrose is "the UK's largest example of worker co-ownership" so it gets a few points for that. And we buy the following things from our local community shops: almonds, gherkins, instant noodles, fish, bread, eggs, rice, rice pasta, chillies, ginger, coriander, oats, wine, and coffee beans. Which is a fair old proportion of what we consume. But it's a good point. I must continue to look for ways to minimise my Tesco spend.

5:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home