Friday, May 12, 2006

Ocado is now delivering in my area!

I have just had an email from Ocado to let me know that I can now "order fresh Waitrose groceries to be delivered in a convenient one-hour slot, straight to my kitchen by Ocado."

To reward me for my patience and as a little 'Welcome to Ocado' gift they'd like to give me 15% off my first shop with them. All I have to do is spend over £90 (which means the delivery charge is free too!), then at the end of my order enter the special code and 15% will be automatically deducted from my bill.

(Spend over HOW MUCH? But then I've never come out of Waitrose with change from £100 so maybe it's not that outrageous)

Anyway, I thought I would share the good news with any OX4 readers. We are officially civilised! I am going to wipe them out of French Onion and Cider Soup and blue cheese made from buffalo milk right this very minute.

joella

4 comments:

Phil said...

Don't you dare buy their french onion soup when you can make your own with all those onions and a spash of strongbow!

I think you should buy this and run it off biodiesel. Its what I'm going to do when my audi's MOT runs out. You could be the first biodieseler in OX4.

Phil said...

Obviously you'd have to ditch the seat covers or keep them for comedy value

tatton said...

also, what about your local community shops? I noticed how well Tesco in Oxford was doing. No doubt the Ocado is located at some industrial estate in Slough. However, being the hypocrite I am I do think if we do have to use the 'supermarkets' then they are the best.

Jo said...

Well... Waitrose is "the UK's largest example of worker co-ownership" so it gets a few points for that. And we buy the following things from our local community shops: almonds, gherkins, instant noodles, fish, bread, eggs, rice, rice pasta, chillies, ginger, coriander, oats, wine, and coffee beans. Which is a fair old proportion of what we consume. But it's a good point. I must continue to look for ways to minimise my Tesco spend.