Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Mystery theft x 2

About six weeks? two months? ago I did some tidying up in the front garden, and filled one of our nice new garden waste bags (which we bought recently to replace ones which rotted because we left them out full for weeks on end) with weeds, clippings, dead foliage, you know, stuff. And left it out full for weeks on end. Normally I spend only marginally less time at the tip than I do at B&Q, but recently we just haven't reached tipping point (arf).

On Sunday I opened the front door to wave off my cousin and his girlfriend, and noticed that the bag was empty. Someone had nicked our garden waste! How weird is that? Maybe there's a hyper-composter somewhere.

But the bag was all soggy, it was raining and dark and, well, I left it there. Tonight I came back from plumbing and the bag had gone as well. Which is really annoying as it was brand bloody new and they cost a tenner. And it would have been so easy to chuck it into the back garden.

And I wonder to myself, was it the same person? In which case why didn't they just nick the full bag? It was no heavier than the stuff in it, and would have been a good deal more pleasant to carry. Or was it two people? What kind of neighbours do we have, exactly?

Put it this way, it's not for nothing that we've chained the dustbin to the fence. We lost two before we did that.

joella

No comments: