Monday, March 06, 2006

Go Go! Team!


Go! Team hand stamp plus woodwork primer
Originally uploaded by joellaflickr.

Oh I did enjoy the Go! Team (beware nasty Flash) at Brookes last night. They were better than I thought they were going to be, which is quite remarkable as I am often disappointed by Brookes gig experiences. It's a rubbish venue, all pillars, pinch points and bad acoustics. No excuse, given that it's purpose built.

But it was top jumpy up and down stuff, particularly a new track called Ice Storm. I can't wait to get my hands on that.

Even better, the support band (some fun-loving Australians called The Grates, I believe) were unexpectedly fantastic.

So my only gripe was the bloody hand stamp, which has proved harder to get off than the paint I was covered in half an hour before leaving the house. I woke up this morning with a blue circle on my inner thigh (must have slept all curled up last night) which I can't get off either.

So all in all quite adventurous for a frosty Sunday. And that's without my strange gig etiquette experience.

A strange Glaswegian tapped me on the shoulder and said "stop leaning on my bird". I pointed out (very politely) that I was standing upright, she was leaning back onto me, and I had nowhere to go, while she had a big space in front of her (that someone had just left -- all around us was otherwise packed). He gestured me into the big space with his head.

I shrugged and moved into it. His bird was right pissed off - I don't think that's quite what she had in mind. But hey, that's what happens when you get your boyfriend to fight your battles for you.

joella

2 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

That's the wierdest thing. I too woke up with a perfect blue circle on my inner thigh!

It's almost too coincidental. Did the Security Pen Wielding Security Woman secretly come and mark our legs while we danced?

8:53 am  
Blogger Jo said...

No way! How spooky... hundreds of Go! Team fans branded in secret places.

I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed the walk home as well -- magic bridge, frosty park, lovely.

9:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home