Monday, March 06, 2006

Go Go! Team!


Go! Team hand stamp plus woodwork primer
Originally uploaded by joellaflickr.

Oh I did enjoy the Go! Team (beware nasty Flash) at Brookes last night. They were better than I thought they were going to be, which is quite remarkable as I am often disappointed by Brookes gig experiences. It's a rubbish venue, all pillars, pinch points and bad acoustics. No excuse, given that it's purpose built.

But it was top jumpy up and down stuff, particularly a new track called Ice Storm. I can't wait to get my hands on that.

Even better, the support band (some fun-loving Australians called The Grates, I believe) were unexpectedly fantastic.

So my only gripe was the bloody hand stamp, which has proved harder to get off than the paint I was covered in half an hour before leaving the house. I woke up this morning with a blue circle on my inner thigh (must have slept all curled up last night) which I can't get off either.

So all in all quite adventurous for a frosty Sunday. And that's without my strange gig etiquette experience.

A strange Glaswegian tapped me on the shoulder and said "stop leaning on my bird". I pointed out (very politely) that I was standing upright, she was leaning back onto me, and I had nowhere to go, while she had a big space in front of her (that someone had just left -- all around us was otherwise packed). He gestured me into the big space with his head.

I shrugged and moved into it. His bird was right pissed off - I don't think that's quite what she had in mind. But hey, that's what happens when you get your boyfriend to fight your battles for you.

joella

2 comments:

Andy said...

That's the wierdest thing. I too woke up with a perfect blue circle on my inner thigh!

It's almost too coincidental. Did the Security Pen Wielding Security Woman secretly come and mark our legs while we danced?

Jo said...

No way! How spooky... hundreds of Go! Team fans branded in secret places.

I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed the walk home as well -- magic bridge, frosty park, lovely.