Monday, November 24, 2003

Not sports fans

Yesterday we started putting lining paper up in the kitchen-as-was. For DIY, you have to listen to Radio 1, it's the law. And so it was that we had the charts on.

Hang on a minute, said M. Isn't this UB40? What are *they* doing in the charts?

Sounds like it, I said. And they're singing Swing Low Sweet Chariot! (Bizarre -- hear for yourself). Maybe there's a big rugby match on or something.

But it's a spiritual, said M.

Yes, but I'm sure they sing it at England rugby matches, I said. And just being spiritual won't get it in the charts.

Suppose not, he said.

About two hours later, I found the Rugby World Cup Souvenir Special in the Observer.

See? I said.

We used it to lay out the takeaway curry to stop the new worktop getting stained.

joella

No comments: