Saturday, December 31, 2005

Nothing ever burns down by itself

You know, I should drink more wine and do less whining. The offspring duly arrived, as did plumbing S (so I could have someone of my own age to play with) and saxy C. The food was *great* - M's amazing eight-dish-curry-extravaganza followed by my first ever bread and butter pudding made with left over pannetone from Up North. And eight egg yolks. And half a pint of double cream. All accompanied by much Prosecco and Gewurtztraminer. Since knowing plumbing S I am strictly old world in my white wine taste.

But at the end of the day I'm still grumpy, and now they've all gone or gone to bed. I started the clearing up in a Bad Mood, but then I remembered Chumbawamba. And that we don't have any next door neighbours at the moment. As my dad would say, WAHEY MOHAMMED! And as I would say, every fire needs a little bit of help.


Powered by Castpost

joella

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am with you on the more wine/grumpy mood thing.

The seasonal pressure will be off soon - I hope tomorrow night's a good one for you!

xx