Wednesday, December 28, 2005

the earth is moving

Today it took us SIX HOURS to get back from Lancashire. I hate travelling at Christmas. In fact let's be honest... I just hate Christmas. I love my family and I think spending time with them is both important and desirable, but why do it at Christmas? Why, when it comes to it, do anything at Christmas beyond renting a stack of DVDs, buying in a shedload of quality food and drink and unplugging the phone? That's what I'd really like to do.

Actually, even that's a lie. What I'd REALLY like to do is exactly what I did do two years ago, and that's head to another continent where Christmas doesn't mean all that much. And that's what I'm doing next year. M and I sealed the deal around junction 17 on the M6.

BUT there was a big mitigating factor this Christmas, which is that my lovely parents and my lovely boyfriend clubbed together for Christmas and birthday and GOT ME A LAPTOP. From which I am posting right now for the first time. From the sofa. In the living room. In my house.

Old news for many, but a life changing thing for me. joella could be entering a whole new era. Let's make like Madonna and sample shamelessly...

I'm so excited
And I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control
And I think I like it


joella

No comments: