Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The end of the party

I have just emerged from the Work Christmas Do. I am pleased with myself for several reasons.

1. I went in the first place, as the sole representative of my team.
2. I paid attention to the dress code, and went in colourful carnival gear.
3. I did not mix my drinks, and stuck to Jack Daniels and soda all night.
4. I alternated said Jack Danielses with water, or at least crunched up the ice before ordering more Jack Daniels.
5. I tried to leave at midnight.
6. I accepted failure gracefully and stayed for another.
7. I *did* leave at 12.45.
8. I got a taxi home instead of walking as I was by myself and it is also Bastard Cold.
9. I didn't stop for chips.
10. I discovered potato cakes in the fridge that I had bought earlier at Tesco.

All in all, apart from the samba band that outstayed their welcome and the fact that nothing can change the reality that I have a team meeting at 9.30 tomorrow, it was a lot more successful than many previous Christmas Dos. In particular, I do not expect to wake up tomorrow with Unidentified Party Bruises.

joella

No comments: