Sunday, September 25, 2005

Pedicure


Pedicure
Originally uploaded by joellaflickr.

Ms Y and I took some time out this weekend and went to stay at a posh hotel in Tring which also has a spa. I was thoroughly exfoliated in a Clarins style (a style I could get used to...) and today I had my toenails painted. Parts of the experience were thoroughly bizarre (multiple wedding parties, many peacocks, eating in overheated and over-decorated function rooms, ordering the Observer and getting the Sunday Express) but others were splendid.

My favourite bits were sitting outside in a dressing gown in late September, sneaking in our own wine and bombay mix, and taking a stroll in the grounds as the sun went down armed with a book of matches and sets of Hopi ear candles. Someone's wedding photos are going to have a slightly surreal edge.

joella

No comments: