Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Construction time again

Loo rolls

I've started my plumbing course. My proper, grown up plumbing course. If we stick it out, in two years' time plumbing S and I will be qualified plumbers. Walking through the door was a fairly terrifying experience. We are, of course, the only girls -- not just in the class but quite possibly in the entire college.

But when we got shown round the workshop, with its tools and stash of copper pipe and alcoves where bathrooms will be built and special lead beating room, I did start to get excited. It felt a bit like the chemistry lab at school but on a grander scale, and I always liked being in there.

Saturday, we have to buy boots with steel toe caps. And then go and fix J's toilet for a bit of practice.

I hope I am brave enough for all this.

joella

No comments: