Sunday, September 11, 2005

Aquarians and Virgoans

Although I think astrology is bollocks, I am proud to be an Aquarian. It is clearly the coolest star sign. But that's not my point. My point is, how many people know FOUR OTHER PEOPLE who have the same birthday as them?

I do. And I think that's a bit spooky, even though I have A-level maths and I know that the odds of this are not as high as they might first appear. (If I have a birthday on 27 January, the odds of another person having that birthday are 1 in 365 and a bit, and they remain so no matter how many people I meet who have that birthday. This is quite counterintuitive. And actually I think probably not true as I'm pretty sure spring is the most popular season for conception. But I digress).

The next most popular birthday day* for people I know is today. Happy birthday P, D and N! It's a bit of a bummer of a date for a birthday these days, but on the upside, people do tend to remember it.

joella

* actually, this ties with 23 July, and I did know three people with that birthday before I knew three people born today, so really that should win. But one of them did me down, so it only counts as a two-birthday day these days -- tying with 6 November, which now I think of it should have the edge as one of those birthdays is my sister's. Oh, it's a complicated world.

No comments: