Saturday, June 11, 2005

Struggling with re-entry

I've rediscovered rioja, caperberries, parmesan, hair products, perfume, hot baths, the Guardian, Radio 4 and BBC1.

I've been out to Modern Art Oxford and the Ovada Gallery to look at and listen to art and exhibits about regeneration and the future of the city.

But I haven't slept in my own bed, as it is covered in everything that was on the floor in my bedroom, carefully put there by M while I was away in a lovely tidying the bedroom gesture that just didn't quite reach completion.

I also haven't yet managed to empty my rucksack, I haven't attached my house keys back on to my other keys, and I am still using my travelling purse, with its useless 20 kwacha notes and no stamps in it.

I feel a little bit wobbly in the evenings. I feel like there are some huge feelings lurking in the corners of my mind, but I haven't quite got the energy or the direction to drag them out into the light.

From here, I am heading back to the sofa, to lie under a blanket and watch videos of Doctor Who, and not think about places where there are no sofas and no videos and no blankets.

joella

No comments: