Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Gloomed

Came home from work today in a *vile* mood. For those as are interested, this was mainly because I am supposed to move stuff forward that I don't have the power to move forward, and all the persuasion in the world doesn't make my overloaded colleagues do what I need them to do. It's not that they don't think it's worth doing, it's not that I don't know how it should be done, it's just that what I want them to do is never, ever going to be a priority without a three line whip. And that's not there. So it doesn't happen. And I'm really bored with feeling like that. And I've only been back two days. So the prognosis is not great. On a macro scale, it's like trying to reduce global warming. Hell, handcart, etc.

Try not to care. Try not to care.

Settled in to watch the first episode of Cutting It in advance of second episode tonight, which R had taped for me *without even me even asking* (what a woman). Doorbell rings. It's a woman doing market research on financial products. Do I shut the door? No, I invite her in, and spend the next half hour saying 'no, haven't got one of those', 'no, haven't got one of those either'. Do you meet people who *do* have these things, I ask. Oh yes, she says, this takes twice as long in North Oxford.

So I am now gloomy and also underprepared for what may be imminent financial catastrophe. Great.

But hey, Cutting It. Is Gavin the perfect man or what? (Not counting Zubin Khan).

joella

No comments: