Friday, April 29, 2005

From feet to garlic in 10 sentences.

I've got flat feet, which means I walk funny.
I've had a dodgy knee since I did some yoga, and a dodgy ankle since I did some cross country skiiing.
This bears out my theory that exercise is bad for you, but never mind.
I need to get this sorted, and my GP referred me to a podiatrist.
First I got a letter saying you'll be lucky, there's an 18 month waiting list, but today I got a letter saying please come and see us next Thursday.
I had to ring and say I won't be here, I'll be in Zambia, can we rearrange?
This was one of the 32 things on my to-do list pre-departure.
Another was to reply to my host's email about vegetarian food availability in Lusaka, which encouraged me to immediately seek out things I am likely to miss.
One of these is pickled garlic from Fasta Pasta in Oxford's Covered Market.
This I would not want to be without in the long term.

joella

No comments: