Saturday, October 23, 2004

We're all doomed

I had big plans for today. I was going to get up and get out in the garden, tidy it up for the winter. Then I was going to go into town, buy things I need, pick up the papers, maybe check out Modern Art Oxford.

But two things happened. First, I woke up with a hangover. I really didn't mean to, and I really didn't want to, but that's the thing with drinking, you start and then it seems like a great idea to carry on.

So the morning was spent reading Stump while curled up feeling small and gruesome: not a book I'd recommend wholeheartedly, but it has some funny bits and it certainly puts you off the booze.

And then just when I thought it might be safe to get up, it started raining. And it hasn't fucking well stopped. Hours, it's been raining for. There's a flood watch on the Cherwell, and most of north Wales seems to be under water already.

I could have done indoor things, like cleaned my room. But it's Saturday, and that's a Sunday job. So instead I have eaten lots of toast and am waiting for the roof to start leaking.

I've also been idly surfing. And I conclude that we must be thankful for the rain, because it leads us to things like this animation of Radiohead's Creep, which we surely would never have found in the sunshine.

I also revisited Nobody Here, to find this wonderful bed

joella

No comments: