Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Injury update

Over the last week I have peeled off the dressings on my right arm every night and seen something different from the night before.

From blisters full of clear stuff to blisters with bits of gloopy stuff to blister skins to the most amazing collection of scabs I have ever had in my life to bright pink shiny new skin. All at different rates -- I still have the last two in some fairly dramatic patterns, and I'm still keeping it covered up -- mostly because of the sun but also because otherwise I would just pick it all day and have to start all over again.

The ability of the human body to regenerate is amazing. And it is a clear demonstration of the power of a working immune system. I dread to think what would happen to an immuno-deficient person with cement burns.

Mick the builder is back in contact. Onwards!

joella

No comments: