Wednesday, December 04, 2002

Non-specific aggression

... as opposed to non-specific anxiety, which I am also prone to. NSAnx (I just made that up, it's not like I use the word all the time, honest) is easy once you know what it is, you just go to bed, keep warm, read something mindless and wait for to go away. NSAgg (ditto) is a more dangerous beast and I seem to have had it for two whole days now.

I shouted at Miles this morning (he said "Can I give you a hint? Don't shout at someone who's giving you a lift to work in the rain"). I swore my way round the office and threw lots of stuff out because it was In My Way, including some perfectly useful notes that I then had to retrieve from the recycling, and I put the phone down on an admittedly irritating, but mostly just posh, woman who was trying to explain to me that my new shed might need to be sawn in half to get through the house but was insisting on having the exact dimensions of all the doors it would have to pass through before she could tell me for sure.

Then I went swimming to get some aggression out and ended up having an "if you splash at me I'll splash at you more" thing with the other guy in my lane (MY lane, I was there first). Who almost certainly didn't notice as he was just a guy doing front crawl and no man can do that without much splashing, no?

And why? I have no idea. It's a familiar feeling but I haven't had it for a while. I'm not premenstrual, or if I am there's a pretty hellish fortnight ahead. I'm not unusually stressed, except by any conversation including the word shed. It's cold and dark and miserable but it's been like that for months now and I should be used to it. And I'm not even miserable, I'm just angry as hell at nothing in particular.

Although I guess there's a lot going on. And I notice I haven't taken my Evening Primrose Oil for a week or so. Maybe that's the answer.

joella

No comments: