Wednesday, December 25, 2002

The joy of OX4

Today we have been mostly smoking and drinking. S and I had a good old weep at Jamie's passing on Enders, but some of that was undoubtedly displaced grief at other more real passings that we haven't cried out yet. Meanwhile Miles was cooking up a storm *and* getting Virgo with the fairy lights. We did touch festive, and I am full of love for my motherless housemates.

We did have a dodgy moment at around 6 when we realised we were going to run out of cigarettes. S was under the limit, I rode shotgun, and we ventured out into the dark in search of shops. And barely were we down the hill when we found one open. It furnished us with carcinogens but also butter and Coca Cola. What more can you ask of your neighbourhood on the most Closed day of the year? It quite made up for all those fucking burglar alarms going off in the small hours.

*And* I got a pair of tiger skin trousers (of course they're not real -- I had nut roast for dinner) and Claudia Roden's Book of Jewish Food.

Peace be with you.

joella

No comments: