Friday, June 22, 2007

Happy 40th, Ms Y

Here's the track listing of my special birthday compilation for Ms Y's impending canal-based fizz-quaffing rain-dancing celebrations. Because she's worth it.

Word Up! - Cameo
White Lines - Grandmaster Flash
Relax - FGTH
Praise You - Fatboy Slim
Only Living Boy In New Cross - Carter USM
Hung Up - Madonna
Don't You Want Me - Human League
Hippy Chick - Soho
Ghost Town - The Specials
Get Ur Freak On - Missy Elliott
Funkytown - Countdown
Freak Like Me - Sugababes
Dancing Queen (extended version) - ABBA
1999 - Prince

M is upstairs making *his* Ms Y-inspired compilation. If it beats mine I will eat my sou'wester.

joella

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hippy Chick by Soho! Not many people know that.

Found you in Jonathan's comment box, btw.

Jo said...

Hello! I have heard your name mentioned by Free Man and Girl. Oddly, I put a call out for this as I didn't have it and couldn't find it anywhere legal (short of buying the whole album), and I was amazed at the number of people who turned out to have it on 12". Plus bedshaped, who sent me the mp3, bless him. And it's even better than I remembered.