Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Brains over brawn

The thing is, Jo, said Graham this afternoon, that bath's heavy and you're a girl.

The thing is, Graham, I said back, those are what you might call the constants in this equation. The variable is how we're going to get it down the stairs.

I used a few tricks I learnt on the canal this weekend watching 18-ton stern-steered narrowboats navigating into locks - "to me! to me!" -- only converted into three dimensions -- and wherever possible I said "and... slide!". Any five year old knows the fastest way down the stairs.

The bits that were't slideable did wipe me out rather, but the other trick is to do your panting out of view.

joella

2 comments:

Ben said...

Gravity is often your friend. But for your next trick - getting the replacement up?

Jo said...

Ah, for my next trick I get the bath delivered. When it comes I say 'would you mind taking it upstairs for me?'.