Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Pipes R Us


Bathroom installation assessment
Originally uploaded by joellaflickr.

Yay, I finished my bathroom! In a real life situation I wouldn't have left a joint dripping under the floorboards, but I'd already re-done one, and either J the technician didn't notice the second one, or decided not to see it. Either way I'm grateful to him, and slightly dodgy soldering aside it was a pretty tidy job.

By the end I couldn't believe I spent half an hour getting the radiator level and making sure all the pipes under the floorboards were parallel. All that really matters is that you don't break any water regulations and that the finished product holds water. But in the real world appearance matters, so it was good practice. (NB in the real world I also wouldn't use that shitty grey pipe, but the college is low on copper fittings, so...)

joella

8 comments:

beth said...

impressive. very impressive.

Tim said...

One of our toilets leaks. I replaced a washer but it didn't fix it.

Another toilet just keeps trying to fill up for an hour or so after it's filled up following flushing. The stop valve thingy isn't doing it's job.

Anytime you've got a minute...

Ben said...

And you really couldn't wait to use the facilities?

Anonymous said...

Really impressive. Very heartening. Would almost bring a tear, were one not so manly. Appreciated your taking the break when you did and it was great to see you.

Jo said...

It was lovely to see you too Peter!

Tim - toilets are my favourite, you know where you are with toilets. Toilet #1, is it leaking on the way in, on the way through or on the way out? Toilet #2, all you probably need is a new diaphragm on your float valve, though for a tenner you can get a whole new valve which saves taking the thing apart. Email me if you want to know how to do it...

Anonymous said...

Great job! You'll now have all your friends & rels queueing up with their plumbing problems -- I've got a cloakroom sink just waiting for you-----
The photo says it. Congrats xxx

Timbo said...

That sink looks wonky.
(Only kidding)

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Just wondered if you might like to see this.