Monday, September 11, 2006

Double VPL

Today I look a bit strange from behind as I am wearing my lucky pants. I have had my lucky pants since I was 14, and they have long since stopped functioning as actual pants: they don't stay up by themselves, and they have more holes in than the average Ann Summers offering. So, as I like a bit of substance in that department, I have to wear them with proper pants.

Last time but one I needed some luck I just stuck them in my pocket, figuring that that might do, but the result was something which appeared lucky, but in fact wasn't. Clearly it's important to wear them properly. So this time I did, over my normal pants, and I also blew three times on my lucky conker for extra luck.

And it appears that Thunderbirds are Go, the eagle has landed, one has flown over the cuckoo's nest, and normal sevice may shortly be resumed. Only better.

Details will follow when terms and conditions are agreed.

This is nothing to do with the massive storm brewing over M ... but I feel better able to support him, all thoughts of doing a runner have left, and I may even lend him my lucky pants for the duration.

As the Lizard would say, ROAR!!!

joella

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She would indeed...

Then again, so would I if I had a conker in my knickers.

Anonymous said...

Terms and conditions, eh? Have you been made President for Life? Tsar of all the Russias? First use of the photocopier guaranteed and you can put your pickled gherkins on expenses? Come on, the suspense is supending me

Jo said...

I think she always had a conker in her knickers. How else to get through the day when you're not perfectly pitched for Learned?

Anonymous said...

SO pleased for you, well done, you must be totally thrilled!!! Lots of love