Monday, July 11, 2005

I hate this flat land, there's no cover

(this title being nothing more than an obscure Billy Bragg lyric running through my head which seems somehow to fit today's mood)

So today I went back to work. It was ok. Someone had sent me a bar of chocolate in the internal post. Noone had lifted my water glass. I was only 23% over my email limit.

I came home via a compulsory induction trip to the New Building, which my entire organisation is moving to at the end of the month. It is in a business park and it is mostly grey. But hey, it's close to the ring road. It will be like working in a Radiohead song.

Trying to look on the bright side, I can walk home from there in just over half an hour, past locksmiths and motorist discount centres and takeaways and petrol stations and the police station and a tattoo museum. In no time at all I shall forget the dreaming spires and feel proper urban.

joella

No comments: