Sunday, January 29, 2006

Happy birthday to me!


My favourite present
Originally uploaded by joellaflickr.

I turned 36 on Friday. This is a shockingly grown up age to have reached, and I hope I can do it justice.
My presents were grown up too. M bought me a drill, which is exactly what I wanted but not at all what I was expecting. By contrast, my sister got me a whole bag of Clinique products, including one of those face bars which comes in its own green box -- these bars have always felt like the very epitome of adult skincare and now I have one of my very own.

I had a small sleepover party featuring fine wine, fine pizza, a rare doobie which had us in gratifying hysterics, the finale of Celebrity Big Brother, Withnail and I, and eight splendid pairs of pyjamas. I had the loveliest time imaginable and feel well set up for whatever the year has to throw at me.

joella

No comments: