Thursday, February 24, 2005

Six hours on a train

... with no caffeine, no alcohol, no crisps, no music, no crossword, no novel and only one celeb mag, courtesy of my colleague S.

Manchester and back in a day for a team meeting. Only weirdos and workaholics would attempt this. I knew it was happening and I could have prepared better, but I turned the alarm off at 6 and it was only thanks to M waking me at 6.30 that I made the train (at 7) at all.

I found a seat, did my skincare, tried to make my hair look less like a combination of bed head and hat hair, and then realised I had nothing but work to distract me all the way there and all the way back. Bleat.

Still Sober Girl, but I tell you, when I got home tonight, if there'd been a bottle of white wine in the fridge I'd have drunk at least half of it by now.

joella