Friday, February 18, 2005

Off to see the Lizard

I am blessed with some lovely friends and a generally pretty cool social life, though as I discussed yesterday with Mr B, I am increasingly valuing my non-procreational friends even as they diminish in number.

You get different things from different people, though, and what I love about the Lizard is that she is undeniably, incontrovertibly good for me. I don't see her very often but when I do we have a riot. We laugh till we wet our pants but we also get right to the heart of things, where we are at, where we want to be at, what's right, what's wrong.

She used to live in a mobile home near Aldermaston, and would give directions including the classic line 'turn left at the bomb factory'.

Tomorrow we have a whole day together. I cannot wait.

joella

No comments: