Monday, November 15, 2004

Coping strategies

I really have had a bitch of a day, but for no reason I can put my finger on, which makes it even bitchier. I was underproductive and glum, and had a really *really* disappointing lunch. M&S sushi is horrible. I know it's horrible, so why did I buy it? I wasn't in a rush, I could have bought any number of fresher, tastier, cheaper things. It was subconscious reinforcement of the badness of my day, that's what it was.

I won't even go into my latest encounter with paid for downloading. Oh well, ok, I will. I tried to buy aforementioned Jolene from Big Noise Music, what with it being a good cause and not iTunes. They took my money, but didn't give me my mp3. I emailed in protest, and got the automated support email from hell back, all in HTML which cannot be rendered by legacy clunkware Lotus Notes which I am forced to use at work.

I printed it out thinking that might help and it was 20 pages long. I threw it in the bin and gave up.

So now I am having green beans from a tin for my tea. With fish fingers. I am listening to old media and I am going to have a traditional bath later on, in case the newfangled shower blows up or something.

joella

No comments: