Sunday, November 28, 2004

Begrudgingly approaching festive

cyclemas treeYesterday we hit the town on a Christmas shopping mission: get it done early and get it done fast and you don't end up haemorrhaging money on Christmas Eve with every other sadsack in town. It's a basic self-esteem essential as far as I'm concerned, especially as I despise the fact that I have to do it in the first place.

It went ok -- about halfway there I reckon -- and two hours later we were ready to party. We met up with A&L for a drink (at the same time sampling the Princess Anne-a-like crisps that Jonathan Crisp have got into trouble over. Recommended).

At six we went to watch the turning on of Oxford's alternative Christmas lights, a tree made from reclaimed bicycles by an artist whose name escapes me. Please don't let it be vandalised. It's very beautiful.

Then we went back for dinner and wine and a few round of a fantastic game called Set and more wine, and deciding to go home, and changing our minds, and more wine. So all I've done today is some laundry. But hey, don't underestimate the importance of clean pants. Especially my new low rise shorts: they have definitely got Most Favoured Pants status.

joella

No comments: