Monday, July 19, 2004

Underwhelming e-experience
 
I am killing time at Heathrow Terminal 1. Decided to experiment with one of those email and internet kiosks you see next to payphones these days. Hmmm. First of all I couldn't get into Hotmail (3 minutes wasted) , then getting into Blogger took several more minutes, as I watched my 15 minutes running steadily out in the helpful countdown in the corner.  You can't open another window to try loading something else, so you just have to stand there like a lemon.
 
[next day, at home]
So I managed to save to draft by accident, then I tried to publish, and waited another three minutes watching the spinning IE globe, then my money ran out. I decided not to try again: a pound of my hard-earned cash and 15 minutes of my ever decreasing life for 87 words does not seem like good ROI to me.
 
joella


No comments: