Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Reptile loving Finnish speaking billiard playing giant hairy woman WLTM...

Some time at the end of last year when I was drinking far too much I joined Emode, which is an online dating agency.

I didn't join Emode because I wanted to do any online dating, I joined because I was really really drunk. I think I got there via a quiz or IQ test from another site, and ended up registering in order to get my results.

My profile is a mixture of outright lies (I am 6'5", keep lizards, speak nine languages, live in Schenectady, NY) and the word 'Arse'. ArseArseArseArseArse is the answer to the sections 'How she's different', 'Who she's looking for', 'What you'd find in her bedroom' and 'Her hangouts' (hmmm).

And bugger me if I don't get an email every single week with people who match my profile. I can't even unsubscribe because I used an email address that I can receive to but not send from.

Either this is a perfect demonstration of the pointlessness of 'website personalisation', or there really are some weirdos out there.

Either way, not good. Note to self: only surf when sober.

joella

No comments: