Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Poorly girl

I stayed at home today. I don't like doing that unless I'm indisputably ill, and to me a cold doesn't count, but I just couldn't get up.

Then I slept on and off until 2pm, when I woke up feeling a lot better, so I don't feel so bad about staying at home.

When I wasn't sleeping I read most of the Life of Pi.

Feeling humbled by a boy who managed to tame a tiger while feeling a lot worse than I was, I got up and cleaned my shower room.

If I am honest, this room only gets a proper clean about twice a year. It was filthy, and it has been getting me down.

I find I can only clean the shower when I am in the shower, and so it was that in my slightly feverish state I set to wearing only a pair of Marigolds and brandishing a bottle of bleach.

I had to have a bit more of a lie down afterwards, I don't think on balance it was a good idea. My shower is lovely and clean though.

joella

No comments: