Friday, May 09, 2003

Jelly wobbles

I said I would do a jelly stall for our street fair on Sunday (now *there's* a sentence I never thought I'd see myself type). But I'm getting quite worried.

I've done the Tesco run, bought orange juice, grape juice, apple juice, elderflower cordial to make it all a bit sweeter, Seabreeze ingredients for the alco-jelly, Vege-Gel, and little bowls and spoons and napkins. I have the materials for fifty little bowls of jelly.

But
  • Where am I going to get the time to make fifty little bowls of jelly?
  • Where am I going to get the fridge space to set fifty little bowls of jelly?
  • What if I get the proportions wrong and have fifty little bowls of unset jelly?
  • What if it rains? What am I going to do with fifty little bowls of leftover jelly?
  • What if nobody likes it (see above)?

    Maybe anxious people should stick to clearing up at the end.

    Interesting aside -- really I wanted to go to Waitrose, not Tesco. But it was 7.30 and I checked the Waitrose website and it closes at 8. Then I checked the Sainsbury website, which reassured me my nearest branch was open all night. Then I checked the Tesco website... and all you can do is shop online. It tells you nothing whatsoever about its real shops in the real world! Their internet manager is clearly stupid. It does happen.

    Tesco won the day nonetheless, but only because I had a hankering for its splendid own-brand Mushroom Burgers. Next time it might not be so lucky.

    joella
  • No comments: