Monday, January 13, 2003

Radio silence

Been kind of a quiet week. Year of Living Healthily is now thirteen days (THIRTEEN DAYS!) in, and birthday countdown (FOURTEEN DAYS!) has begun.

And how do I feel? Okay, but a bit disappointed that I am not bursting with energy like a satsuma. I am getting more sleep than I have in years but am nowhere near leaping out of bed in the morning with joy in my heart.

But here are some good things I have been doing with my time:

1. Skincare. I have never been any good at this. But now I have invested in lots of things from Neutrogena (their animal testing policy is ok if not perfect). As well as cleanser and moisturiser, I have two products that I am very excited about. It goes to show how far skincare has come since I last took an interest (sometime in the late 80s when I spent far more time looking in the mirror than could possibly be good for the soul).

The first is Visibly Firm Night Cream. I am ridiculously pleased with this, firstly because I have never had night cream before, and secondly because it is such a beautiful colour. Its magic ingredient, apparently, is 'active copper' (as opposed to what? Passive copper?), which means the tub has a copper coloured lid, which goes perfectly with the cream inside, which is a wonderful shade of pale blue. This in itself has been enough to make me put it on every night, although truth be told I don't think I am visibly firmer yet.

And secondly there is the utterly fantastic Pore Refining Mattifier. This stuff is magic. It's clear silicone stuff that stops your nose shining *all day*. I love it.

More good things later, have to do some work.

joella

No comments: