Friday, November 07, 2008

We have lift off! (Probably)

So BJ the plumbing assessor looked at my plasterboard chase photo, looked sideways at me and said 'are you left-handed?'.

Yes, I said.

Hmmm, he said. And then he signed it off.

So unless the small detail of it being the wrong type of wall is picked up by the IV (internal verifier) or the EV (external verifier), I have finished my NVQ.

Congratulations lass, he said, shaking my hand. Cheers, I said, grinning like an idiot.

He gave me a receipt for my folder. I shall stick that on the wall till the certificate arrives. I agreed to come back and have my photo taken for diversity purposes. A genuine woman! And a left-hander!

And now I'm off to Lancashire to connect with my past and convene with my kin. And raise a glass to the free world.

joella

5 comments:

cleanskies said...

Congratulations!

Ben said...

Doubled.

Anonymous said...

Tripled! Glad I am not any further down comment list or I couldn't have done the maths!

Anonymous said...

Not only the first black president but also the first female left-handed Lancastrian Booze-Soaked Feminist Plumber (probably). It sure as hell has been a hell of a month.

Congratulations Joella- now you do realise Obama's fortunes are directly linked (at least in my head) to yours via some kind of Transatlantic Karma, so that one false move with the close-coupled WC syphon could lead to a delay in the withdrawal from Afghanistan. No pressure mind...

Jo said...

Ah, thank you! And I am technically mixed race as well (if you count Jews as a race, and hell, some people do) so I am basically a walking cheerleader for the Brave New World. *And* my rates are very reasonable.